I've just graduated from college with a degree in Bachelor
of Science in Electronics Engineering. But sadly, I can’t call myself Engineer
yet and put Engr. before my name because I still need to pass the Board Exam
this October. I’m still a “soon to be an Engineer”. I've spent my five years studying and doing
my best to pass all my subjects, I think I can still wait for six months. So
here I am, enrolled in a Review Center with a fee of roughly 20,000 pesos so
that I can review, recall, and remember all the lessons, formulas, and concepts
I should have learned during the five years of my college life. I thought the
expenses for my education is already over when I received my diploma but I’m
wrong. Oh by the way, I only pay 6,400pesos because I’m a Cum Laude (I’m not
trying to brag, just stating the reason of my super low fee J ) and this is one of
its perks among others. Well, I’m writing this journal to share my life as a
wanna be Engineer. You know, how I do my review and stuff. I think this will be
one of the things I’m gonna do as one of my relaxation activity. So I’ll begin
now where everything like this starts.
SUBJECT: Orientation ( not actually a subject but I can’t
find any word to describe the first day other than this ;) )
MOOD: Excited and intrigued (my feelings of doing something
for the first time)
HIGHLIGHTS:
·
Aim during this review, these 6 months of pure
brain exercise: Don’t aim to be Top 1 instead AIM PERFECT! (I know nobody is
perfect but anyone has a chance of perfecting the exam because there will
always be a correct answer and hopefully I will know the answers.
·
To achieve my goal: AIM PERFECT!, the mentor
said that whenever I’m about to do something, I should ask myself if “IS THIS
IN LINE WITH MY GOAL?” If the answer is no, then don’t do it but if the answer
is yes then go.
·
I like the part about the ways on how to
memorize stuff easier. I’ve been doing some of it already during my school days
but some of the pneumonic, acronyms, alliterations and jokes the mentor shared
are catchy at the same time useful. I’ll share one of my own.
HOW TO REMEMBER THE SCALE OF HARNESS OF THE PRECIOUS METAL OR GEMS FROM
10 (HARDEST) TO 1(SOFTEST):
REMEMBER THIS: Don’t Copy The Quiz Like Smith. Focus! Calculate Answers!
(I think I can remember my code if it has a complete thought and the grammar is
correct. J )
10- Diamond (Don’t)
9- Corundum (Copy)
8- Topaz (The)
7- Quartz (Quiz)
6- Labradorite (Like)
5- Smithsonite (Smith) –I chose Smith not because I know someone named Smith
but because it’s already on the answer.
4- Fluorite (Focus)
3- Calcite (Calculate)
2- Alabaster (Answers)
I hope I share something useful. Try to have fun while
studying or reviewing because that’s what I do so now I can truly say I love to
study especially if the outcome will very much matter in my future.
QUOTE: Among the
great things which are found among us, the existence of nothing is the
greatest.
-Leonardo da Vince
No comments:
Post a Comment